Monday, May 16, 2011

Thoughts from the weekend

I had previously posted that the game against East would be played at 3:30. I was incorrect and the game will be played at 4:00 on a grass field just East of the High School.

I spoke with their coach this morning and he told me that you take the I-15 4th South Exit and then work your way over to 8th South. Follow 8th South to approximately 14th East. You will pull into a parking lot right after a church and right before the football stadium. I know we will have a great turn out and We appreciate all of your support.

Joe Weiss sent me a video a while back of Clint Dempsey entitled "The Fighter." You can find it on Youtube by doing a search for Clint Dempsey and The Fighter. I tried to get it to post onto this blog but ran out of time. The short video is about his life growing up and his motivation for playing. One of the quotes from the video is "Being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and Know that you didn't let them down."

My job is to love each and every player. Your job is to love each other. I believe we are seeing that this season. I believe we saw that over the weekend when some of you took the time to go help sandbag on your day off. I believe I saw that as you nearly ate Firehouse out of business on Friday night. I believe I saw that when you came from a goal down to beat Bonneville. I have seen this when you practice hard and push each other to get better. Now with two days left to prepare we will need to count on and trust one another more then we ever have. Lets make these the two best practices of the season and show each other how much we care.