Monday, May 23, 2011

Coming events

I have not intended to go this long with out posting and I apologize for not writing an entry for nearly an entire week. I like many of you had to take a few days and get my thoughts in order. After analyzing every detail and rehearsing what happened over and over again in my head, I have come to the conclusion that we had a very very successful season.

We took second place out of very competitive Region, we made it to state in 4A, we saw student athlete's get their grades up and we can look to the future knowing that although we graduated an incredible Senior class we had an extremely talented JV squad.

I will take more time in the future to expand on all of this but today I just wanted to get back in the habit posting information to the blog. We will be collecting uniforms today after school @ 3:00 and at the same time we will be voting on awards.

We will also be talking about off-season conditioning. Sign-ups are in the front office of the Rec Center. I would love it if all of the underclassmen signed up for the same time to workout together. The available time slots are as follows:

Mon and Wed - 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM or 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM
Tues and Thurs - 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM or 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM

This will be sport specific conditioning that is designed to enhance speed, power, and functional movement. Each workout will consist of some resistance training, speed work and power plyometrics. Please, Please work on getting each other and others to these workouts. They have added on to the weight room and the cost will be minimal to participate.

We are still in discussions for when the banquet will occur. Please check back often to see when we will be having it and to see how you can help.