We will be meeting today right after school for conditioning. For many of you this will only be your second day. I remember my second day and if I were to be honest my second day was not that great. I was sore, I was humiliated because girls were kicking my butt and was beginning to think that I was happy the way I was. Then I kept going and gradually started to make some improvements, and then a few more. Now I enjoy my workouts and look forward to most days.
It will not be easy and it will not be instantaneous. You will not have a six-pack after one workout. You will not be able to leap tall buildings, and run a marathon even after two weeks. But slowly week after week after a lot of hard work and dedication something great will begin to happen. Your confidence, strength, and total fitness will be vastly improved.
I know this conditioning will make you better athletes, students and young men. I hope you will continue to work at it and do your very best.
Also just another reminder on the race Monday morning. Be there early so we can make sure everyone is signed up and we can have a couple of pictures.
Have a great weekend and travel safe.