I don't know that any of us can be completely happy with the outcome of our games against Ogden, but I am optimistic none the less about both teams. Both teams worked incredibly hard and left everything on the field. It was our first game outside and Ogden is an excellent team. I am encouraged because as long as we keep working, we will get better. The game was faster then what we have been used to. At practice we will need to be urgent with our passes and make quicker decisions. A two touch pass must become a one touch pass. Possession soccer needs to become attacking soccer. All of this will come with time. As we work at the basics and get reps with each other we will improve each and every day. I love the fact that the Varsity team was upset with the result. I could see it in your eyes and that shows me you want to get better. Lets use this game as a starting point, knowing we are not where we want to be, but knowing that as we work together we can get to where we need to be. Learn from this game and show up ready to get touches on the ball at practice to speed things up. All of our goals are still in tact. Keep the end goal in mind and lets have a great practice.
Another thing I noticed was the amount of players who were cramping up. Please take care of your bodies. Drink at least half of your body weight in ounces of water. Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. Eat bananas, drink Gatorade and stretch and ice at night and when you get up in the morning. Another thing that a former player used to do to help cramps was to drink pickle juice. It might not work for you, but it did work for David Shirk.